Sunday, June 18, 2023

Day9: Yokohama Hostfamily

It was awesome weather at Yokohama. Here is the report of the day.
Collin:We went to the Cup Noodle Museum and made our own instant ramen, then rented some bikes and went along the coast for a little while.
Timmy:We went to a Buddha shrine and went half way up on Mount Fuji.

Erin:we went to an aquarium and then a boat tour of yokohama.

Lauren:We went to a big Buddha statue and some shrines, and we also went to the cup noodles museum


Gage and Jet ;We ate at the best ramen shop in yokohama. The line was 90 minutes long. We also went to the Tsurugaoka Hachimangu shrine in Kamakura with a group off friends from the highschool.


Alex and Mai Xia :With our host sister's friends, we went to the Zeniarai Benten Shrine where we washed our money for good fortune. That evening we did fireworks at home.


April :We went to Chinatown and had lunch. Then we went to the Pokémon Center in Yokohama
Ada:I went out with my host sister Chiaki and her four friends, we ate in Chinatown and walked all around. We walked 9 kilometers!

Cheemeng:We went to the Yokohama Landmark Tower and saw the entire Yokohama city and part of Tokyo. We also went to a Ramen Museum where we ate Miso and Tonkatsu ramen.


 Cael:Went to the daibutsu shrine at noon, then went to enoshima island at sunset and got a photo of Mount Fuji from the bridge to the island

Douachee: We went to Kamakura and saw a studio Ghibli shop. After, we went to Minato Mirai, which is a port in Yokohama, and we saw a big ship leave. My host family said I will now have good luck because I watched the ship leave.

Evan: My host family took me to an onsen (public bath). It was my first time. It was awkward at first but became relaxing after I got used to it
. My host family owns a traditional style Japanese restaurant that's around 200 years old. The let me eat there and I had a 10 course meal costing around 300 - 400 us dollars. It was very delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment