Friday, June 9, 2023

Day 1: We made it to Japan!

Our first picture of Japan Trip 2023 at Haneda (Tokyo) Airport
What do you think of your trip so for?

Cael:
I’m tired but excited for our trip. I’m looking forward to meeting my host family in person

Timmy:  
it was kinda nervous at first but after being on the plane for 13 hours, I was ready to land. Japan doesn’t feel as overwhelming as you may think but yes, very humid lol.

Cheemeng:
It feels tiring traveling 12+ hours to get to Japan. But by the time you get to Japan it feels like you're energetic and excited yet stressful.

Jet:
The plane ride was good for the most part. JAPANESE PEOPLE ARE REAL!!! I can't wait to meet my hostfamily

Douachee:
It is very humid here. The plane ride was very tiring but I couldn't get much sleep. I'm so excited to do everything!

Alex:
The air felt heavy leaving the plane, very humid. Looking forward to meeting my host family though

Mai Xia:
The airplane flight was long yet also gave me time to be prepared to come to Japan. The food was great and I liked watching the movies while eating on the food. Arriving in Japan, I was overwhelmed at first but now excited to experience new things after landing.

Erin:
it's suuuuuper humid and I couldn't sleep on the plane, but I'm excited to finally be here and meet my host family!

April:
I’m very nervous but also very excited! Getting through the airports was definitely the most stressful part of the trip so far.

Gage:
The plane ride was great until the last 30 minutes. Exited to do stuff but its also pretty stressful unfortunately. -_-

Lauren:
Going through customs was stressful, but now I'm home free in Japan! Very excited to see the country

Evan:
I only got 2.5 hours of sleep on the night before the trip and didn't sleep on the plane, but the pure excitement of being in Japan is overpowering any feeling weariness, that being said I'm still very nervous to meet with the host family

Ada:
13 hours on a plane is a really long time! I spent a lot of time thinking about the things I needed to make the trip back more bearable. Japan is as beautiful as I expected it to be, and I am so excited to be here.

Collin: 
Im surprisingly not as tired as I thought I’d be, considering I didn’t sleep much. Customs and such was pretty quick, glad that was over easily and quickly. Excited and trying to absorb as much vocabulary as I can!

After 2 hours bus ride from airport, we stopped the shopping mall to eat. Now we take the train about 30 minutes to meet host-family. This weekend will be the host-family time ! 
shopping mall (おおたかの森ショッピングモール) 
Mai Xia and Douachee visited shopping mall. She got a coin purse.

Ada is enjoying the Japanese snack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment