Friday, June 18, 2010

2010 Day 7 Hakuyo High School





Elan:
I was absolutely ready to collapse into whatever was soft and immediately fall asleep when we arrived in Yokohama. The reality of life was, however, that I had to walk up several sloping hills with my host sister/pen pal before arriving at my Yokohama host family's house. Dang. Things picked up after I found that my host sister and I were both really into manga, anime, and Japanese rock music, though, so I was more energetic as I helped make dinner.
Jim- We had some free time in a popular shopping district of Tokyo, found a lot of strange things. Then we took the train from Tokyo to Yokohama and I met up with my new host family. After that we just ate dinner and talked.
Paul: Yesterday we got a lot of free time in Tokyo. A few of us went shopping at a giant mall. After that we left to Yokohama, and it's beautiful here. I met my host brother, who ended up being awesome. Later that night we walked downtown to karaoke, upon arrival Hakim also walked in with his host family. We all sang  karaoke and ate wayyyy too much food! Overall Yokohama rules!
Ron
Yesterday I met my new family. They have two high-school students. I went with the older one, who is 17, and the mom to a conveyor belt sushi. It was very good. I had bacon sashimi. Next we went to a book store, electronic store, and  grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment