Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2010 Day 12 KyotoFree day


Tommy
Yesterday, I won $240 at pachinko. Today we just kinda wandered around Kyoto, hitting up various temples and shops while making sure to fit in about an hour worth of karaoke. All in all, a very fun, but exhausting, day.
Alex
Today, I hung out with Xai, James, Hakim, Kyoko (James' foriegn exchange student) and her mom, and my host sister, Mai. We first went to a sukiya for breakfast and was really surpirsed when kyoko's mom paid for all of our food. I was so very grateful. We then all went shopping and looked at some random stores. Kyoko and her mom then took us to a really nice tea place and it was super delicious. Again the mom paid for it and would not let us buy our food and tea. It was a lot of fun, my host sister then met up with us and we all went to kareoke and that was a blast! We sang the most random songs and it was amazing! The whole free day in Kyoto was fantastic.
Ron!
Today I went to an underground mall. I bought a lot of presents. I also ate cold soba noodles and a beef bowl with egg and green onion. I did karaoke. They had a lot of popular American bands like Journey andLady Gaga. They also had obscure bands like Enter Shikari, Marilyn Manson, and Peter, Paul, and Mary. They also had oldies such as Led Zepplin, The Beatles, and AC/DC. There was even a song that featured
Se7en!!!
Commodore Elan Jane C. G. Mccallum:
I could begin in a million different ways how today was, but I'll just record it as I remember. Breakfast was at Mickey D's, which, while not the best place to experience Japanese culture, has my favorite fish sandwich outside of Wisconsin and Minnesota. Grazie, Paul, Morgan, and I then went to northwestern Kyoto's Gion district to look for Maiko; success was achieved only because I happened to notice the kimono in the dim light of the shop. After feasting on a hasty conbini lunch we went to a "luxury" karaoke building, where we sang such worldwide, quintessential classics as "God Bless America" and "Girlfriend." All this frivolity tuckered us out, however, so we took an hour long nap on a bus while simultaneously heading to Nijou Castle; the castle was beautiful in a way I can't begin to describe--not unlike how Gackt's looks both perplex and leave me awestruck. Perhaps that sounds like an insult, but it's definitely a compliment; just only slightly back-handed. Regardless, we had more fun than I can say while using an iPod Touch (I have yet to figure out how it works exactly). (PS, the title is a historical joke) (PPS, Caffeine and exhaustion have been doing strange things to me)
Xai
After the free day at Kyoto, we rode the Shinkansen. One train lasted only about 15 minutes. The other, 1 hour and a half. On the train ride everyone was quiet for the most part. Everyone seemed tired and fell asleep, while others roamed the train. After the Shinkansen we took a bus near the foot of a small hill. For being notorious for tiring out students, the hill was easily conquered by this year's students. We are now at the Hiroshima youth hostel with many other Japanese students. Everyone is now watching the England vs Slovenia complaining why the American game isn't on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment