Sunday, June 20, 2010

2010 Day 9 : Bullet-train to Kyoto


Hakim: We rode the Shinkansen yesterday and I thought it was one of
the greatest methods of transportation. The seats are comfortable and
you can turn your row of seats the other way which I thouht was pretty
cool. It was really smooth throughout the entire ride and we just
chilled eating some snacks that our hostfamilies gave us and it was a
lot of fun. I could also see mount Fuji from it and got some nice
pictures of it from the Shinkansen. Jim Spina and I then met up with
our third hostfamily. The mother rode a scooter and we walked home
with our host sister who is really nice. We went shopping for a bit
then we went back home and made a facebook page for Hiroko, the host
sister, and played Mario Brothers Wii for a bit. It was fun.
Eric: I enjoyed a spaghetti dinner cooked by my host mother and father
and I played my host father's gorgeous guitar. Their house is
gigantic! All in all, it was a fun experience!
Dani - The shinkansen ride was very relaxing. I was very grateful to
sit down and take a rest from carrying the bag around. Then meeting
the family was very interesting to say the least. My host sister was
late in picking me up, but that was quite all right by me. The parents
are very nice and everyone speaks English. They want to practice their
English on me. I am more than fine with that, though. They do have
some different words than the Japanese ones we learned. Nonetheless, I
am more than glad to have the family that I do.
Jim - Yesterday was pretty uneventful though we did get to ride the
shinkansen and meet our new host family. I share a host family and we
were able to get our host sister to make a facebook page. Today we
stopped at the oosaka castle. It was pretty big and I got pictures
with pigeons and an iguana.
Tommy: Oosaka was cool. Some homeless dude had an iguana. Blah blah
blah. Really though, this whole entire country is absolutely
beautiful. I can't really compare it to anywhere else. Even the big
cities, which I usually detest, are unusually clean and have a unique
feel. They also grow a ton of rice.
Elan: I'm continually impressed by Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment