Monday, June 14, 2010

2010 Day 3 Daruma and Sushi

[In the morning we walked to the Daruma workshop where they make the traditional papier-mâché good-luck figures. Then we went to Kasukabe for sushi on a conveyor belt and had some free time afterwards.] 

Tommy
Today, we went to the daruma factory! Daruma are pretty rad, and they also serve as a cheap souvenir. However, it seems that everything here is much more appreciable in the experience, as are most things in life. Byebye! Kaiten sushi time!
Jim-today we went to paint daruma. After that we had some conveyor belt sushi and stopped by a Japanese mcdonalds located in the basement of a 5 story store After that Dani, Ron, and I went to my host mothers private school and played some games with the kids there.
Dani - daruma making was really interesting. Very difficult to do everything
correctly. I was surprised at how bad of a job I did at painting the face on. It
was fun nonetheless. I can't wait to see what is in store for the rest of the
trip.
Alex: the daruma factory that we went to was very cool. I really enjoyed
painting my daruma, even though I am bad at painting. His house was super cool,I also enjoyed the kaiten sushi. It was a very nice experience and really differet but it was very good. The free time that we had was also very fun,we went to wondergoo, and a sports store. The people here never cease to amaze me with their willingness to help us and their kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment