Tuesday, June 22, 2010

2010 Day 11 Meditation and Kyoto

Dani - Getting to Kyoto was the most difficult thing for me. I went
around the Osaka loop before finding out that I was on the wrong
train. So, I was about an hour late to arrive. However, I did get to
see everything that the rest of the group did. The water at the Mizu
no Tera was very refreshing. Walking to the San-Ju-Sangen-do temple
was very interesting and fun. It is something I would enjoy doing
again. Temple itself was very intriguing to me. All the statues and
what they stand for was amazing. It was a bit dull at points but
reading about what everything meant made up for that. Overall, Kyoto
is a very enjoyable place so far.
Hakim: Kyoto today so far was really interesting. We saw so many
temples and Buddha statues and it seemed like more of the same at
times but things like the fortune paper and love stone made up for
those times. I had a bad luck fortune but I walked right into the love
stone. At the temple we saw an army of statues and different gods and
that was very interesting and I also got a fortune that said I would
meet someone great and that made up for the bad luck earlier. Now off
to meditation!


No comments:

Post a Comment