Thursday, June 17, 2010

2010 Day 8 : Yokohama hostfamily -1

Morgz: My free day with my host family was a lot of fun. Woke up to
yet another delicious breakfast; though I forget the name. We left
shortly thereafter and went to Ofuna and met up with Tommy and his
host family. From there, we went to Yokohama - which was gorgeous.
Scenery and atmosphere just as San Francisco. We went to the
Mitsubishi Technology museum - fascinating. Saw historical and
futuristic scale models from space ships to war ships, as well as
learned a ton. Afterwards we went to the Yokohama Landmark Tower,
supposivly the tallest in Japan, beautiful view of the area, even
Tokyo. Then we went to a giant mall at the bottom, and visited the
Pokemon Center and Jump Store. So rad so rad. Then off to China Town,
for a delicious meal. My host sister and I then went back to Fujisawa,
visited the Shonan beach which is comparable to a clean and friendly
Santa Monica Beach. We hung out, then went to the Onsen (hot baths).
Then we returned home and watched Japan lose. Sad. Woke up today and
went to Enoshima, a rad island. Great great.
Paul: I spent the day with my host brother, Hakim, and my host
brother's friend. We walked through Yokohama and went to Chinatown,
where I purchased a dragon ball! Afterwards we walked over to the
mitsubishi science museum, which was rather interesting. We also took
many trains to get to enoshima, which hands down was my favorite place
i've seen yet. It had a very strange vibe to it, Almost eerie. While
there we climbed to the top and on our way we saw soo many cats
roaming freely through the forest. It was strange to say the least.
Eric: Woke up to an amazing breakfast, and I got to go to the high
school, super fun! The lunch my host mom made for me was so good and I
got to go out after school with my host sisters friends! Tanoshikatta!
Saturday me and my host sisters did karaoke then after that we went
shopping in downtown Yokohama. We went home and reminisced about our
time together and they gave me a beautiful photo album with all of our
events. A great end to a fantastic homestay!


Hack 'em: Yesterday was probably the coolest things so far. With my
host sister, Paul, his hostbrother, and his friend, we went to
Chinatown where we ate some wierd stuff and bought some souvenirs. We
then went to the Mitsubishi science museum and saw a robot that
responded to things you said in Japanese and I shook its hand. We then
saw a street performer and he did some really crazy things like
juggling fire on a unicycle. Then we went to enoshima where we saw
tons of cats everywhere and did a bunch of rituals and went to the top
of the tower and finally we went to the beach. Fun stuffff...
Alex: I loved my Yokohama host family so much. My host mom was a lot
like my real mother. Yesterday I spent the day with my host father and
he took me to the Yokohama harbor, then we went to the landmark tower
(tallest building in Yokohama) and that was super cool and it was very
pretty. We then met my host mom in chinatown and had dinner, it was
super delicious. We then returned home and my host mom and I made
yakesoba. My host brother and I then watched the Japanese soccer game.
All in all it was very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment