Sunday, June 26, 2011

2011 Day 17 ( Last day) hostfamily Day & Fly home

Matt
My last day with my Showa family was fun and relaxing. I went to the hot springs
for the third time and had some delicious ramen! My host dad and I went to a
big mall near Showa that is a lot like the mall of america. For my last dinner
my family and I made hand-rolled sushi at home and it was amazing. Now we are
flying home and I am watching a lot of 'Burn Notice'. I am excited to be back
in Eau Claire!

Tyler
For my last night with my host family we went to LaLa Gardens to buy shirts and
go to an arcade. I also played pokemon with my host brother.

Serena is very tired because she didn't sleep very well last night. She had fun
yesterday going to a world culture fair in japan. However, she only wants too
sleep. See everyone soon! Why she's talking in third-person again is a good
question. (^。^)

Jenny
Just stayed home for a while with the kids and played bingo and UNO :). Around
3pm, Chihiro and I went shopping and I spent quite a lot!! I enjoyed the last
time with them and I was sad that I had to sleep early. The Showa host-family
was a fun and exciting one. :D

Tim
The last day was pretty fun. We went to Ginza where we proceeded to do the tea
ceremony. After that we walked around and my host grandfather showed me all the
different manikins he has painted around Ginza. It was amazing and his artwork
is really good! After that we went to a fish market where we had sushi for lunch
with crab miso soup. It tasted great so they decided to buy crab for supper that
night. That night after supper they showed me a tv program about the tea
ceremony that they only show once a year. It was really interesting to find out
some the history of the tea ceremony.

Tommy Lee
The last day with my host family was pretty fun. We ate fried steak. It was a
good supper. I also learned how to play "Go" from my host father. It was very
interesting and hard. We also went back to a used book store where I found my
waifu!!! :D It was very fun getting to know the host families and waking up in
the early morning also.

Andy
When I returned to my Showa family they took me to a karate-do class. How they
did it was different than back home but I don't think I was horrible. The master
there was nice and the dojo gave me a few gifts. After that I went out for ramen
and headed back home. The next day I got to buy a yukata but my credit card
didn't work so my parents had to buy it and sensei gave them money for it,
sensei is staying longer. Now we owe sensei some money but we have a party
august 19 where I can give her the money back.
As of right now it looks like night and I'll probably see you before you get a
chance to read this.



Again, Andy, thanks for the segue. This is Josie, if the sarcasm didn't already
give me away. My final day with my host family shall remain undisclosed at this
time. It's so super-special-awesome-sauce that you're going to have to wait
until I can see you in person to tell you. Happily, the wait will not be long. I
cannot believe that I managed to fit all the stuff I bought into my bags. I have
lots of presents for lots of people. I guess I missed you guys. But, boy howdy,
I can tell you one thing that I certainly missed. Cheese. Good cheese. I want
some freaking grilled cheese when I get home. I'm excited to get back into my
art-making again after the trip, to get started on several projects that had
been put on hold, and I know that this trip to Japan will really help bring a
new dimension to my story and characters. Can't wait to get to work!

Tom K
Today has been a long day so far. I stayed up really late last night intending
to sleep on the plane, but we've almost landed and I've only slept for a couple
hours. Lots of waiting. It'll be worth it, though, when I get home so I can
start working on the DVD and start playing my new shamise

No comments:

Post a Comment