Friday, June 10, 2011

2011 Day1 Fly to Japan

We left Minneapolis but the traffic in Chicago was a little delayed due to rain. However we had enough time in the schedule that it was no problem getting our connection. We had free time to roam around the Chicago airport and get food and explore, getting ready for our long flight.
The ANA flight went well, we left on time and got to Japan on time with no
problems and only a tiny amount of turbulence.
Here are messages from students that we made during the train ride to our
hostfamilies:
Marguerite - well so far so good :) the plane ride was long and I didn't get
much sleep. Otherwise besides the humid weather I'm having fun! I talked to a Japanese man on the plane he helped me with my japanese and gave me a English to Japanese phrase book! It was awesome!
Hello, my name is Josie and I function strangely on four hours of sleep in two days. Sitting on a subway now. Sorta hot but not as bad as the trains in Europe were. Just realized that I don't have my photo album, so it looks like I'm going to need to use my mad illustration skills. My host families are going to think my relations are Disney characters. There are worse things, I suppose. Trip over was okay because I was next to friends and got to watch Tangled again. It's still a good movie. Not as nervous to meet my hose family as I thought I was going to be. Dang, the really cute Asian guy that was sitting next to me just got off at his stop. Yeah, lots of pretty people. Good, I'm going to hand this off before I say something stupid. Looking forward to seeing Japan through better rested eyes, especially since it's so interesting now.  Love Josie.
I feel sick from traveling... Airplane sick.. So the girls decided to buy coffee
before the first ride, and after boarding the plane, we all got stomachaches.
After that, no one wanted to eat in Chicago. The plane ride to japan was a long and cramped one. There was barely enough space to sit, but the food was ok. I loved the fact that we were able to watch movies on board :). I watched three of them which was really fun!! Now we are on a train, which is making me fee better and less sick. <3 Jenny
Four hours of sleep and I am functioning. The first time on a plane the
turbulence was horrible. At least the food was good. It is way too humid but I'm having fun. >3 Serena
Andy :Its been a lot of waiting and sitting so far but tomorrow looks more promising and enjoyable !
Tommy :Hot very hot sweating like a beast while waiting feels like forever!!!
Tim :The flight was long but I managed to get a good amount of sleep... Three hours was definitely enough and I'm excited to meet my host family!
Tyler : I think I only slept about 2 hours on the plane so I am very tired but I am very  excited to meet my host family.

No comments:

Post a Comment