Tuesday, June 21, 2011

2011Day 12 Kyoto, Kiyumizu temple & meditatio







Serena
Woot! I love it here. Today we went to two temples which were awesome. One of them had the statues of the buddist gods. I was actually able to recognize some of them. I Had more yummy foods and am going to meditate soon. Unfortunately, my shoes have caused the skin to rub off on my ankles so I'm hurting pretty bad. But the hotel will be really nice tonight.

Josie is excited to stay at the hotel.

Matt
The two temples we went to today were very fun and interesting!  At the 'clean water temple' we found out how good our luck is by doing 'omikuji'.  We also found out if we will find love: we walked one at a time with our eyes closed and tried to walk from one stone to bump into a rock straight ahead, about 30 yards away. If you bump into the rock you will find love. I was not even close to hitting the rock haha. Then we went to a temple with a thousand buddhas. Every Buddha sculpture looks almost the same and is made of wood, painted gold. I had some delicious Japanese curry with karoge (fried chicken) for lunch today! I am looking forward to the Japanese style inn tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment