Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2011 Day 13 Kyoto Free day

Jenny :)
Today was a free day and I went with the manga group. It was a good way for all of us to use our Japanese skills in asking for directions. Haha it was weird being lost but it was fun. Anyways, the manga museum was closed when we got there which was disappointing. We traveled a long ways to find out it was closed for only today :/. After, we went to see two temples/castles. The golden temple was an exciting one to see. It was all gold and was very peaceful looking. After, we just shopped around the southeast part of Kyoto, which was long and tiring. It was interesting when we were in that area because we had to learn to ride the correct bus. It was confusing but we were successful!!! 

Tom K
There was a lot of walking today. One group went to the manga museum, which turned out to be closed, but I went with Tim, Andy, Tyler and Matt. We visited at least four temples, tried to find a karaoke place but couldn't because we didn't look for very long, and spent the rest of the time trying to figure out the bus system.

Marianna. 
Today was the day that I feared, being left alone in a large Japanese city without sensei to follow around and translate. Little did I know that Sachiko Aoyama would show up early this morning and offer to drive Marguerite and I to the temples of kyoto. What a wonderful way to spend the first half of today and after walking through the golden temple, we flew around town enjoying the many many sites including the very large red arch or tree to Sachiko. After sharing a refreshing lunch with Sachiko, Akemi, and Marguerite, we said our goodbye and thanks. I invited both young ladies to come to my farm in Eau Claire. After that the two of us went mother-daughter shopping in an air conditioned mall --- oh joy!

Serena worn a hole through her shoes. Also sweated a lot today. Saw many bodacious temples and ate many radical ice creams. She only wants a shower. She doesn't know why she is talking in third person. So cowabunga dude.

Tommy Lee
Just chilling in the city of Kyoto. Was fun and getting lost was even better! it was pretty fun and even better when we went to the book store. 

Andy
Today and yesterday we all had free time around Kyoto. I chose to try and see as many temples, shrines, and castles as possible but only got to see so few. This place is covered in them. When there wasn't time enough to see any more I walked around the Kyoto train station. In the same building complex as the terminals there are many, many kinds of shops to look at. Darryl said we should buy some melon bread and as it turns out it's really delicious. Now I'm sitting on the Shinkansen bound for hiroshima.

Matthew Steele Reagan
Konbanwa!  We are now riding the Shinkansen from Kyoto to Hiroshima and it is extremely fast and smooth. It is a nice rest after our long day in Kyoto. From 9 to 6 we had time to do anything in Kyoto. My group (Andy, Tim, Tyler, Tommy) went to a few cool temples and the Kyoto castle. We had 'Straight Burger' for lunch which is like a Japanese Burger King. For dinner I had a delicious sukiyaki bowl (grilled meat and rice) with a double shot of hot sauce (thought you'd like that dad ;) ). Tonight we will stay in the Hiroshima youth hostel! Based off our experience so far in Japan,  I'm sure it will be very comfortable and clean!

Hi. Josie here. My stomach is still giving me a hard time after five curry snacks last night. Bleeeeeeeeargh. Besides that, fun day in Kyoto. I will live here someday. I miss Lindy alot. I don't know if she's reading this, but if not someone should give her a hug and tell her I posted to Dulaman in Kyoto. Also that I found some Kenshin stuff. And that Serena is caught up to all of the plot including Lighthouse. And to tell her to tell Roman that I ate some pineapple jam. There is more irony to that story, but I'll save it for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment