Saturday, June 23, 2018

Day 15: Asakusa kitchenware town, Akihabara

Journal from Patience:

In the morning we all left the Samurai Capsule Hotel and walked to the nearby Mister Donuts and all had breakfast together. 

We all went on a walk through kitchen street all together and looked at food displays, traditional drums, and mikoshi.












In the afternoon Luna, Fynn, Jocelyn, Payton, Chenoa, and myself followed sensei through American street which consisted of lots of markets and department stalls. While Isabel, Damaris, Cassie, Clay, and Calvin made their way to Akihabara and we met up with them about an hour later.

Many people spent their time at various arcades and character shops but these are some of their experiences.

Patience: I spent much of my time scouting for anime merchandise that was decently popular in America, it was kind of difficult because lots of the shows I had an eye out for, were older or they just weren't popular here in Japan.

Luna & Fynn: We spent out time going to five different arcades just looking around and playing gacha-gacha machines. We also tried to find a few Taika games but they were too expensive so we played a different game that was similar to Tempest Atari.

Clay: Followed around Damaris and Cassie to Yodobashi and bought a couple car sets. I also spent ¥1500 on an arcade UFO Catcher crane that I didn't win. However I did play some gacha-gacha.

Chenoa & Payton: Jumped around a lot of the arcades and played lots of UFO Catcher and then went to the convenience store.

Jocelyn: Went to the arcade with Chenoa and Payton. I won a dog plushie and tried to find the rest of the group. We couldn't find them so we grabbed lunch instead at a convenience store and I had onigiri. After we all met up at the station and ate together.

Isabel: Went to the Gundam Café and then went shopping around Akihabara with a couple friends I met up with from the states.

Damaris: Went to Yodobashi Camera store and visited numerous arcades where I won a large penguin plushie on my first try.

Calvin: Went to the Nikon museum! 

2 comments:

  1. I love that not only are you experiencing all this local culture, you also are making friends abroad too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete