Friday, June 8, 2018

Day 1: We are here!

Our Japan trip 2018, first picture at Narita Airport, 

Everything about the flight went really smooth. Weather is great but humid!!!!

From airport to hostfamily house.

Here are some first impressions:

Fynn: While the lines in the airports were long and tedious, exploring the airports was actually quite fun. The airplane trip to Oregon was nice, but the 10 hour long one to Tokyo was exhausting and not as comfy. Sleep isn't a huge problem if you already are a night owl, so I'm not too worried about that.

Calvin: I’m doing well. A little tired from the long flight. The journey from Narita to Tokyo was long but fun!

Clay: I’m still a little nervous about the whole trip. But it is not as bad as it was on the plane. I think I'm ready for the trip. I cant garuntee that I'm going to know everything though.

Cassandra: it was scary at landing but as soon as we got in, it was amazing. As long as it stays like this I’ll be more than happy to have come in the end. I hope my host family is just as exciting and fun.

Patience: The flight to portland was especially restless for me at the very least. When we transfered onto the flight to Japan, I was much more comfortable and was even able to get a couple of naps in. When we arrived, it didnt set in that I was in Japan, it still hasn't.

Isabel Wong: It’s really hot and humid, but I’m glad to be here. The airport is pretty clean and well organized.Japan has a lot (a lot!) of vending machines. I counted at least 5 within one wing! Many people already bought a cold drink.

Luna: So the Japan trip so far has been kinda a crazy ride of getting between places on time. It’s essentially a huge game of hurry up and wait a game I have become quite acquainted to in my youth. Landing in Japan was kinda surreal yet totally familiar, and thankfully I haven’t been hassled for not knowing a lot of Japanese, hopefully the good vibes continue :)
Damaris: So far I was able to sleep throughout most of the flight, I forgot my Beats headphones on the air plane but thankfully I was able to get them back :) and it is hot and humid here in Japan!first vending machine experience!

Chenoa: We have arrived in japan and I haven't stepped outside yet but it is hot. I bought a peach tea drink from a vending machine and it's really good. I am looking forward to going to meet my host-family and give them the gift I bought.

Payton: The plane ride was fun,  but also very very long.  It felt so good to get off the plane.  Although I'm super exhausted,  I can't wait to see what else Japan has in store for me. Besides the hot weather of course.

Jocelyn: Although the flight was long, it wasn’t too bad. There were movies and games on the plane, and the food was good. It’s really warm right now but I’m looking forward to traveling and trying new things




Clay tried "Tako-yaki' (octopus balls) and Damaris tried "Taiyaki"

Soon we will share our Host-family experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment