Monday, June 25, 2012

2012 Day 17 Coming home





So I totally bought too much stuff at the humungous mall. Overall the trip was
awesome! I was at the point that I didn't really want to come back, but now I'm
comfortable coming home. I'm not looking forward to going back to work. I love
my Showa host family. They're awesome and gave me way too much. Already sick of
being on the plane, and we haven't even taken off.
-- Anna

I had fun with my Showa host family the pachinko and at the onsen. It was almost
a tearful goodbye. The train was a long ride to now, with more sitting. I would
like to come back someday but for now I enjoy returning home and continuing with
my life.
- Damien

It was hard in many ways to leave my host family. Literally because my little
host sisters clung to me like crazy. And, you know, I had grown close to the
Showa host family. The mom and I talked a lot while I was there and when I had
returned with a broken toe they treated me very well since the mother has a
nursing license. They loved the s'mores I made for them and cheered when they
learned I was leaving the ingredients behind. At the station the girls started
to cry which made me cry after we descended the stairs. I will miss them and
will say hi to my kitty for them.
-Bre

Overall, I really enjoyed my visit to Japan. I learned a lot and tried a lot. I
also bought a lot of awesome stuff that I would have a hard time purchasing in
the US. I really enjoyed my host families. All of them were very friendly,
helpful, and generous. I'll try to stay in contact with them. Anyhow, Japan was
awesome and I look forward to studying abroad here in a few years. Until then,
bye bye Japan. Looking forward to seeing my family! :)
--Amani

Japan was awesome. I hope my letters that I sent made it to America. I bought so
many fish things! My host family's were really nice and I want to stay in to
stay in touch with them. I am a little homesick for my puppies though. I can't
wait to see how big lulu has gotten! I am also excited to unpack my bags and
give gifts to my friends.
-hailey

I don't want to go home. I love it here too much and I miss my host families who
have all been so nice to me. I want to stay and learn and do more, I really
don't wanna go back. America sucks. Japan was fun, and I sincerely hope I can go
back and see my host families and all the friends I made. Time to rock this
airplane bro.
-Roman

Japan was amazing; returning home is the last thing I want to do right now! Both
me and my Showa host family teared up as I left, but we all promised to meet
again. I love the food here, the history, culture, but especially the people.
Everyone was so welcoming and generous. I don't want to go home to the land of
'the bigger, the better', but I am really excited to show everyone my pictures
and brag about all my cool stuff. Also, I know everyone has been thinking though
maybe not verbalizing their appreciation for the work Sensei has put into this
trip. The whole time when we were messing around around on the trains, Sensei
had been busy planning the next part of the trip. The trip has gone so smoothly,
thank you Sensei and The Zurn for such a wonderful trip. It. Has. Been. FUN. I'm
definitely coming back!
-Josie



I had an amazing week with my host family! I went to the elementary school for four days, went shopping with my host mom, went to a lot of great restaurants, including Kaiten sushi:), and got to participate in my host brothers kendo class. it was really fun to see more of normal life and pick up some more Japanese along the way!
Overall, the Japan trip was AMAZING!!!! I had so much fun seeing everything, meeting and hanging out with everyone, and learning more about Japan. It was definitely the trip of a life time and I am sad to see it end.

-Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment