Friday, June 22, 2012

2012 Day 14: Akihabara free time, karaoke & Capsule hotel




Tokyo Skytree is opened last month
<http://www.tokyo-skytree.jp/en/>


Akihabara was a lot of fun there are a ton of shops. They're kind of the same,
but I found a lot of cool stuff. I was supposed to meet up with Damien and
Hailey, but they didn't stay at the meeting spot. Then I got lost a little.
After our free time in Akihabara we went out to eat together, and that was a lot
of fun. I ate a lot. Then we went to karaoke, which was ridiculously
entertaining. After all that good fun we went back to the capsule hotel, which
was small but adequate. I slept pretty well. However, I woke up for the fish
market at 6, which was cool.
-- Anna

Akihabara was fun. Bought a lot of touristy crap. Then went to Harajuku again
and bought a lot of clothes. That night we ate together and sang karaoke. Next
morning woke up early and went to the fish market. It was huge and there were
fish heads everywhere. It was really cool. After that I ate doughnuts. Then went
to Asakusa and shopped a bit more. Now we're on our way to meet our host
families in Showa again. Can't wait!
- Josie ;)

I loved Akihabara to no end, it's a great place to burn a lot of money. I got a
famicom which is the Japanese version of a nintendo. The were shops that had
just about everything and a lot of duty free stuff. I spent 10 bucks alone in
it. Akihabara was the best.
--Damien

Bre and I toured Akihabara and bought things. There were a lot of interesting
and sometimes disgusting shops that we saw. We all met up at six pm and met up
with one of sensei's former students. We all ate at an izakaya restaurant with a
few other guest students. Afterward, all of us went and did karaoke together,
which was quite possibly the best thing we did. I'm very sad that it was our
last outing together, but we had lots of good times and it was a great finale!
-Roman

Remember when I said I wasn't a shopping guru? Yeah apparently I am because I
spent the most here out of any other place here. I found a bunch of gifts for he
samurai warriors series of games which is mine and my best friends favorite
games, so I got enough for the both of us. Afterward sensei took us all out to
dinner with another Japan trip group and we filled our stomachs full. Once that
was accomplished we all we t to karaoke together and all had the times of our
lives.
-Bre

Today, we had free time in Akihabara. Josie and I went to a few different shops
and then traveled back to Harujuku for clothes shopping. That night we met up
with one of sensei's old students and some kids from Madison and went out to
dinner and karaoke. It was really fun and amusing to see everybody singing
along. At night we slept in the capsule hotel which was really interesting,
although the pillow wasn't very comfortable. It was really fun and I want to go
back to karaoke in the future.
-Virginia




No comments:

Post a Comment