Thursday, June 21, 2012

2012 Day13 : Hiroshima, Miyajima & Daisho-in

We did a lot today! First we headed off to Hiroshima peace park, and learned all
about the atomic bomb that landed in the area. We visited several museums as
well, and learned a lot of facts and general history surrounding the event. We
then headed off the Miyajima, a little island of Japan. Of all the places we
visited, this was definitely one of the prettiest places to see! I took a lot of
pictures. The various temples were also fun to see. All in all, it was a pretty
cool day.
--Amani

Went to Hiroshima peace park and various museums. Took a ferry to Miyajima and
saw the Torii. Went to a neat temple and then ate maple leaf-shaped sweets. Now
on the way to eat okonomiyaki. After we're gonna do some serious karaoke.
-Josie

I limped through the Hiroshima peace park in the rain. In my personal opinion
this morning had the perfect weather for such a somber subject. The part that
hit me the most was the drawings done by the survivors. Afterwards we went to
Miyajima where I only did half of what the group did because of my broken toe. I
kind of didn't want to walk up the side of the mountain so I stayed behind, took
some pictures, and am now looking forward to Okonomiyaki.
-Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment