Monday, June 17, 2019

Day 9: Yokohama / Kamakura with Host Family

What we did with Host Families...




Hailey: 1. I appreciate all of the gifts they gave me, it made me super happy.

2. It was super fun trying all of the traditional foods like sakurabi and beef tongue.

3. I really liked going to the top of the Landmark tower despite it being cloudy it was still a sight to see most of Yokohama.







Tanner: 1. I enjoyed the karaoke time and walking around with my host brother.

2. The parents were very kind and offered to buy me expensive gifts and do my laundry every day!

3. I enjoyed family time including making food and meigetsu-in.








Kang: 1. I really enjoyed walking around Enoshima with everyone. The view is very beautiful & the atmosphere is great. Plus a lot of cats!

2. I also liked the okonomiyaki shop. Talking with the owners was fun, plus we had spicy food!

3. The aquarium was also great. The dolphin & penguin shows were very entertaining!









Korr: 1. My host family was so fun! My two host brothers, Motoki and Tatsuki, were fun to play games with. 

2. Went to various places in Yokohama like the Pokémon Center and got some souvenirs. 

3. They also showed me a beautiful place in Yokohama. It was so pretty!








Cole: 1. Going next to ocean & eating

2. Seeing various temples & shrines with Daibutsu [Big Buddha]

3. Spending time eating & hanging out with family.









Amy: 1. I enjoyed doing origami with Yun-kun and Suzuha. The food was delicious!

2. I enjoyed the Cup noodle Museum, Onsen, and sauna.

3. I enjoyed eating Shabu-Shabu with everyone and doing FaceTime with Kanta.







Annalee: 1. The Yokohama Art Museum was so much fun as well as Cup Noodle Museum

2. Time at home was so fun, all the talking and sharing was fun! I really enjoyed taco rice!

3. I really appreciate being taken to all these new places! it was so much fun at the Hydrangea temple!





Hannah: 1. Cup Noodle Museum was interesting and I like drawing.

2. Mall was cool to see all the stores, and the big Maguro [tuna] fish!

3. Onsen was a good, relaxing experience.









Megan: 1. My host family was very mindful of what food I really liked and the ones I hated.

2. They also let me watch what TV shows I wanted. They had lots of things planned for us to do.

3. They also tried their best in speaking English with me.








Sebastian: 1. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Yokohama host-family home, and they offered to let me stay again if/when I come back to Japan to visit. Thanks to my host-family for paying for everything. 

2. Thank you for making an American-food meal, in case I was homesick! 

3. Thank you for taking me to Yamashite park.






Dante: 1. They took me to Pokémon center in Landmark tower

2. The Aquarium was really fun! Thanks.

3. We played games together.



No comments:

Post a Comment