Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Kizuna 9 Day 8 Pt 1: Middle School Day


Foua: We went to the middle school with our host siblings! It was really fun. I made a wooden dice cube and played games and did calligraphy. Their school is really different, but it is still really cool. I had lot of fun!

Leah H: My favorite part of today was getting the opportunity to play a Japanese video game. We were visiting various stations about Japanese culture and they let me try playing a game on the Wii at the video game station. It was a really cool Japanese video game where you attempted to press the correct buttons to hit the drum on the screen. I don't think we have this game in the U.S. so that made it even more special. 



Shengyengphia: The culture festival was really fun because there was various game that I learned today. My favorite one was the gambling game in Japan. “Cho” means even and “Han” means odd for the total summary of the dice. I also liked to play the taiko drums. The taiko is very unique instrument and different from our drums. 


Samuel: Today was so much fun! While I normally love math, sitting through two hours of it while everything is in Japanese was a little tough. However, I loved letting the Japanese students teach us about their culture. Nothing is more interesting than hearing about for years from someone who lives it.

Kai: I really enjoyed playing badminton after lunch with my freind I made. They are super good at smashing! I also found the similarities between my own math class and Japanese math very interesting.

Leah N: We just finished a round of Kendo practice! We all got dressed up in armor and whacked people on the head with wooden swords. It was very exciting! I wish I could do kendo instead of gym class every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment