Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Kizuna 10 Day 9 Sayonara Hostfamily


Continuing our homestay report!




Raymond: Last night I spent my last night with my host family. I met my host cousin, Natsuki. My host mother made Okonomiyaki for us and I got a great lesson in Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana. I really enjoyed my stay with my host family and I hope that I can find someway to stay in contact with them.

Nathan B: My host family and I went to the Cyber dyne studio in the lies mail in Tsukuba. There my host brother Yu and I were allowed to try the Hal robot, an exoskeleton that is designed to help people who are paralyzed.

Nathan G: We went to Karate. It was very hard. After Karate we went to the Japanese equivalent of Wal-Mart. At the store we got mocha, green teen leaves, some books and a video game. It was very fun.

Mikala: Host family watched me draw a few pictures like I was a performer. It was weird. And they let me make Mac and Chees along with Shabu Shabu and we had sushi and Cake!

Samuel: My Japanese host family took me to イオン( popular shopping center) for Ramen. The also all shared a little of their food such as cold udon and warm tempura. They were all so wonderful!! As we were leaving they treated me to a strawberry doughnut at Mr. Donut. I am going to miss them.

Aizah: The experiences of homestay were amazing!! At school in class we made miso soup and Onigiri. After school, my host sister, host Mom and I went shopping. We spent over 2 hours shopping in the mall. We even went to Starbucks! When we got home I made Mac & cheese for my host family. For dinner we had sushi, miso soup, and salad. Finally after dinner I tried on my hostmom’s coming-of-age day kimono. It was very pretty and since it was one of things I really wanted to do, it was the highlight of my night.

Sydney: We went to tempura restaurant. So GOOD! I talked a lot with my host family and learned a lot. Also I enjoyed going to class with my host sister. The teachers were very super nice and I actually understood what they were doing in math.


Owen: My host family was so nice and I miss them so much already. The first night, we went to conveyor-belt sushi place and then I played GO (the board game) with my host brother. I had an awesome time at school with my brother.

Victor: I love my host family. The first day was a bit different for my host family and myself. But that night I gave them the present I brought from Wisconsin, after that host mom, host brother and I talked until midnight. The next night my host family returned the favor and gave me a care package of Japanese treats.

Samantha: I love my hostfamily and miss them more than anything. We bonded emotionally a lot. They love my vast amount of gifts and they scrounged more items to give me the next few days. I am very thankful to have met them and can’t wait to visit them in the future. They will forever be in my heart.

Grant: My hostfamily is best. They showed me around their house. I was surprised that they have a huge manga collection. We talked about Japanese anime and manga most of the day, and they understood most of my English, they were so nice and gave me some of their manga collection. I will miss my host family a lot. I will never forget them!



We got back to Tokyo in the evening and had supper at a Chinese restaurant in Tokyo Tower building:

The Tokyo Tower is a communications and observation tower located in Shiba Park, Minato, Tokyo. At 333 metres (1,093 ft), it is the second-tallest artifical structure in Japan. The structure is an Eiffel Tower -inspired lattice tower that is painted white and international orange to comply with air safety regulations.

Built in 1958, the tower's main sources of revenue are tourism and antenna leasing. Over 150 million people have visited the tower since its opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment