Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 1 Hostfamiles and Culture festival in High School

Last night we stayed at hostfamily:

 Zachary-last night was amazing! My host family is so nice. Their house is amazing and their dog is so cute! Today we are going to a high school to participate in a culture festival (like the festival of nations) and I am really excited! Tomorrow I will be with my host family with the next few days.



Matteen- I woke up this morning with a cat on my face... Not knowing that my host family owned a cat. So that was quite scary! I soon found out that it belonged to them though. My host dads name is Massa! How cool is that?! He's been to the USA about 35 times and his wife is an English teacher!!


Fallyn-  I stayed at Zachary host families home last night mine couldn't get me, it was too late at night. But it was fun! And their bathrooms are super weird bit I'm doing just fine



Sam-  It was really humid but I slept alright. This morning I took a shower and had breakfast. We had lettuce tomato and hotdogs. We also had Hokkaido milk. It was fun being back in a Japanese family but weird now that they don't speak English like they did last time.



Mallory-My host family are so sweet and adorable! I have two little grandparents (about 60) and the grandma understands English very well and both of them do there best to translate for each other! He is retired and she is an office worker. They both love their garden and their two granddaughters. Both of their daughters are married. The breakfast was different but really yummy! My favorite so far has been the eggs I had, they tasted like maple syrup!


Kandis-My mom speaks English pretty well, so it's not as difficult to communicate as I thought it might be. I also have a host brother and he loves X-men and other American-like cartoons!



Alex-Last night I got picked up by my entire host family. They're a very nice, three person family with two parents and a 20 year old daughter. They also have a small dog named "Cherry".  Last night they explained how to use the bath and shower. It's a lot different from an American bath and shower. I finally found out the difference between restroom and bathroom. The restroom has a toilet in it and the bathroom doesn't. My family doesn't speak much English, but they have an iPhone app which is really helping break down the language barrier. When I went to bed I slept for about 6 hours and woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. When I got up I was treated to a delicious breakfast of eggs, pounded fish, miso soup, rice, bacon, milk and a small salad. 


==================
Today we went to a high school in Chiba that sensei's old student, Fred Lauer, teaches at.


At the school there was a culture festival that we got to take part in and we also met our pen pals that we've been writing to for the last year.
Some of the day's favorite events were: watching the dance club, eating gyu-don and going through the haunted house.



Fred also answered some of our questions about what it's like to live and work in Japan. Reported by : Matteen



No comments:

Post a Comment