Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 12 Meditation, Fushimi, Golden Temple

Kandis

Yesterday my host family took me to 'Nanba,' a big flashy shopping center in Osaka. We went to a Korean restaurant there, it was delicious! 

Today we went to Mampu-kuji temple and did meditation. The temple has a lot of influence from China, and was really pretty. It also was much more spacious than I had expected it to be, considering how close together houses and businesses are in Japan.
During meditation I did not get hit by the monk, but the sound of others being hit made me flinch. I am relieved that I did not get chosen, it would have been pretty painful, especially wearing a tank top!  

We also went to a new temple that sensei has never gone to before, it was called fushimi Imari.  It is a big tourist attraction. The temple is orange, and throughout the site, there were walkways of hundreds of Torii. We did not go through the whole thing because it would have taken about 2 hours to go through, but it is definitely on the list of must-see places.
After the meal, we went to Kinkaku-temle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment