Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 17 Free day with #1 Showa Hostfamily

Keith:

Well, after we got back from Tokyo my family and Zach's family had another BBQ. My host mom's sister, husband, and daughter also came. Twas a lot of fun! 

The next day we had lots of different bread for breakfast. Apparently they were from famous shops. 

After that we had たけのこごはん. I helped carve the bamboo stocks so that we could set them up in a way that noodles (somen ramen etc) could run down it with water. It was fun and delicious. 

After that we went to Aeon mall and I shopped for souvenirs. Then, we ate at Kushimiya Monogattari. It was some of the best food I have ever had. You sit down and serve yourself buffet style a bunch of skewered ingredients such as takoyaki, taiyaki, various meats, veggies, etc. Then you deep fry them at your table. It was amazing. And then on our last free day after a day in Tokyo we ate salmon and rice for dinner, and of course miso soup and beef with potatoes. 

After that was fireworks and saying goodbye to the neighbors. 😢



Diane:

After coming back from Tokyo, I went to a traditional candy store called a dagashiya in the morning with my sisters. 

After lunch we went to Aeon mall and took purikura before shopping and buying fireworks, which we set off that night.





No comments:

Post a Comment