Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Day 2 and 3 with host family

We spent two days with our hostfamilies. Here are their reports.

Khalil: I had fun shopping with my host family, very interesting stores. We went to look at Bonsai trees; they are very intricate. I had fun eating with my host family.


Evan: My hostfamily had a barbeque with the sister of my host mother. They brought “Totoro”-shaped cream puffs. I have had a lot of time to play with my host kids. I taught them tic-tac-toe. 

Alex: Playing with kids a lot! We went to an amusement park. Also I wore a traditional-style kimono and took pictures with family.

Ray: We went to Akihabara (Electric Town in Tokyo). We helped and participated in an event at the Kindergarten where my host mom works.

Aaron: We visited Bonsai Tree Museum. I played with kids a lot!

Tami: I have a big host family! We spent a lot of time to hung out.

Pa-Ying: We went to the Dollar Store (Daiso) where everything is 100 Yen (about $1). Lots of great things there. Then we went to an Onsen (Hot Springs bath), it was really fun to see.

Mallissa: We went to the host family's parents house and we did gardening with them. Lots of plants in a small space. Then we went to a Hydrangea flower place and a farm. We went to Daiso as well.

Grant: I had a huge BBQ/clambake with 3-4 families. It was so much food, and was super fun. I taught my family how to play Spoons (where you hold two spoons back-to-back and clack them in rhythm). And I got 16 manga books for about $6!

And we picked up Tyler from the Airport on Monday, he had a good flight but it was long.

No comments:

Post a Comment