Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 16 Ueno, Akihabara, back with #1 host family

Our "cubicles" at Capsule Hotel!

Today we met at Mister Donut, then we all went to Ameyokocho ("American street") in Ueno. Lots of open-air shops and restaurants jammed right next to each other.

Then we went to Akihabara (famous "electric town") and looked at all the amazing sights.





Really good fruit on a skewer!
At Ameyokocho

Fish for sale, next to luggage, next to rice crackers!



Ray:


So we (most of us) stayed at the Capsule Hotel last night. It was dirty, looked sketchy, but the rooms (capsules) were bigger than I thought. I mean, I could actually sit up straight! (That is, if I didn't have my head.) All in all it wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be. The most unexpected downside was that the TV programs weren't very good.



Getting our big luggage from coin lockers in Tokyo station

Traveling from Tokyo to Minami-Sakurai and our host families!



Alex:


We ended up at a Maid Cafe in Akihabara after a couple hours of wandering. I personally didn't want to go, but Tyler and Khalil did and I didn't want to be alone. I thought it was really kind of weird and I got really uncomfortable. The first thing she says as the maid seats us in their restaurant is, "You're my master". Tyler and I both got parfaits and Khalil got some magic drink. The maid said we all had to do a spell over our food to make it taste better. Overall an experience I could live without.







No comments:

Post a Comment